http://parismorningsnewyorknights.blogspot.com/2015/12/an-ode-to-san-francisco.html Wild Young Minds: The Rolling Stone Magazine Top 500 Greatest Hits of all Time

Monday, March 29, 2010

The Rolling Stone Magazine Top 500 Greatest Hits of all Time

I've recently downloaded the Top 500 Greatest Hits of all Time, according to the Rolling Stones Magazine. It's perfect for me, since I loooove old music and I've got plenty of space on my IPod Classic 160 GB ;)
Number 1 is Bob Dylan's 'Like a Rolling Stone', followed by 'I can't get no Satisfaction' (The Rolling Stones) and 'Imagine' (John Lennon). I really love the first song, Bob Dylan is a genius and this number is awesome. It's ironic that the first two songs have something to do with 'Rolling Stone', though. Other Top Ten songs are: 'Respect' (Aretha Franklin), 'What's Going On' (Marvin Gaye) and 'What I'd Say (Ray Charles).The list is almost entirely composed of North American and British artists. Only three songs from the 21st century - 'Hey Ya' by Outkast, 'Lose Yourself' by Eminem and 'Stan' also by Eminem.
You should really download the list too! It'll take me days before I've listened it all, but I'll keep you informed.

Here are some covers I really adore:



No comments:

Post a Comment