http://parismorningsnewyorknights.blogspot.com/2015/12/an-ode-to-san-francisco.html Wild Young Minds: Writing & Running... What else do I need?

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Writing & Running... What else do I need?

Yeah, finally I can bring you the great news: I've been selected as 1 of the 3 Wehkamp/Glamour bloggers! What does this imply? Well, a few months ago I participated in this competition. You had to write a short motivation that had something to do with sport. The price: a sport outfit worth 200 euros and a monthly (or once in 3 weeks) blog for www.glamour.nl. Since I had been considering the idea of running a half marathon (21 kilometres or 13 miles), I thought I should just give it a try. And... I won! Extremely cool, not only the outfit of course, but also the fact that I got the chance to write for one of my favourite magazines. Moreover, I am featured in the next Glamour (on paper that is) where they introduce me and the two other girls as winners.

Awesome, right? This definitely gave me a motivation boost to start training and to start living up to it. I am doing pretty well, if I may say so myself, cause I'm already at a distance of 15 kilometres. That's what I ran today actually! And the second motivation is the way I'm going to award myself: by getting a second tattoo if I've accomplished my goal in May. Because, I almost forget, the half marathon is in May in Leiden, which is a town in the neighbourhood (sort of).

Anyway, here is the link to my first blog, in case you're Dutch. Otherwise, I'm awfully sorry, but you can't read it! I do hope I will be able to motivate you too - even if you're not Dutch - to go outside and achieve something. Whether it'll be running, spinning, swimming or boxing. If it makes you move, it's good for you. Let's gooooooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment