http://parismorningsnewyorknights.blogspot.com/2015/12/an-ode-to-san-francisco.html Wild Young Minds: The Black List

Friday, March 18, 2011

The Black List

Unfortunately, the Black List on Radio 6 has officialy played their last notes. Don't worry, next year a brand new one. And no, this isn't some sort of boycot list, about people/things that are a total no-go, but this is a list of black music. Including some white artists of course because Joss Stone, Adele and Kyteman, that's true soul and jazz as well. All the music made me feel so good, I just wanted to close my eyes and sing, imagening I was at North Sea Jazz or in some warm country. In reality, I was just sitting with my lazy ass on the couch, but that was fine too, this music makes you feel happy despite the terrible weather. I intend to listen to Radio 6 a bit more often, hell yeah I'm going to do.
Here's the top 10, to give you an impression of the magnificent music that's in the list:

1. Otis Redding -(Sittin' on) The dock of the bay
2. Marvin Gaye - What's going on
3. Aretha Franklin - You make me feel like a natural woman
4. Miles Davis - So what
5. Bill Withers - Ain't no sunshine
6. Curtis Mayfield - Move on up
7. Adele - Rolling in the deep
8. Sam Cooke - A change is gonna come
9. Gladys Knight & The Pips - Midnight train to Georgia
10. Kyteman - Sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment