http://parismorningsnewyorknights.blogspot.com/2015/12/an-ode-to-san-francisco.html Wild Young Minds: One good thing about music, when it hits, you feel no pain

Sunday, September 16, 2012

One good thing about music, when it hits, you feel no pain

Last week, my weekend consisted of nothing (except work) but music. Friday night Ramai and I went to Appelpop, a free festival in the neighbourhood. The atmosphere was good, but unfortunately it was extremely crowded and the people were mostly a bit young or a bit old. Not the Lowlands kind, if you know what I mean ;)





But the artists were very, very good. We mainly saw artists we had already seen before but that was no problem, because we liked them so much we could've seen them perform on and on. We saw Chef' Special, Selah Sue, de Jeugd van Tegenwoordig and Within Temptation. I really love Chef' Special, I found myself having a crush on both the lead singer and the guitarist (have the feeling I told you this before) immediately, the first time I saw them. Selah Sue is one of my heroes, de Jeugd van Tegenwoordig always make a good party and Within Temptation actually was the only band I didn't really like that much but because Ramai is crazy about them (and I am so kind!) we went to see them anyway.




On Sunday I visited Avalon in Maastricht, a place in the south of the Netherlands (2,5 hours by train from Amsterdam!), where she lives since last month, and we went to a free festival as well. The line-up wasn't as good as Appelpop, but we did see our favourite band again: Will and the People. It was a lovely summer night, relaxt and filled with good music.


No comments:

Post a Comment