http://parismorningsnewyorknights.blogspot.com/2015/12/an-ode-to-san-francisco.html Wild Young Minds: The Lion Queen

Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Lion Queen

Recently, one of the most successful models of the moment Cara Delevingne got herself two(!) tattoos. Especially the second was much-discussed. It is a lion on her forefinger. I'm not really into the place where she had it designed, but I think the image is marvellous. Lions belong to my favourite species of animals, because they're so powerful, yet at the same time fluffy. The Lion King used to be my favourite Disney film and Simba was my hero.

It's said Cara got her tattoo because Rihanna (who has millions of tattoos herself) advised her so. I'm a huge fan of tattoos - since I got myself one, I can't wait for the next one - but I certainly hope Cara isn't going to follow Rihanna on this. Why not? Well, Cara is a model and even though models can definitely have tattoos (Freja Beha Erichsen!), the bigger they get, the harder it is to photoshop them or think them out of the picture.
I do have to say that it came as a surprise to me that this was only Cara's first tattoo. After all, she's twenty and if I can believe the press, she's done several things God has forbidden already. Anyway, I think the lion is fabulous (all lions are fabulous!) and I'm definitely curious at the next move in Cara's life. Will it be another small tattoo or maybe even an image of her idol on her back? Who knows, Cara is full of surprises!

No comments:

Post a Comment