http://parismorningsnewyorknights.blogspot.com/2015/12/an-ode-to-san-francisco.html Wild Young Minds: Another year of university has begun...

Monday, September 9, 2013

Another year of university has begun...

As the first leaves are spotted on the trees again, summer comes slowly to an end. The last days of fun in the sun are in sight and the books are re-opened again. University, I didn't miss you one moment these last three months. But unlike the many hours I spent at high school studying maths and economics - in other words: non-inspiring and wasted hours - I got the chance to choose courses within reach of my own interest field this time.

So this year no more falling in sleep in the library (though that's something I can never guarantee), but interesting lectures about the history of jazz, irony and metaphors, the hidden rules of English behaviour, the secret behind Obama's rhetorics and culture criticism. It is of course possible that this all sounds very dull to you, but to me it's great. It's great to learn about something I'm interested in and it's great to be able to improve my own speech and writing.

I have to say I'm quite inquisitive and full of discipline, so university isn't such a punishment for me. I do have to work two or three days a week in addition to the four courses I take, so it's going to be stressful as always. In the meantime, I hope to keep up with my blog, since it's not only important for the few followers I have, but also because my blog has always functioned as an outlet valve for the many things that inspire me.

Anyway, here's to a new year, new knowledge and new experiences. High expectations, but the feeling they will come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment