http://parismorningsnewyorknights.blogspot.com/2015/12/an-ode-to-san-francisco.html Wild Young Minds: Inception

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Inception

Wow, I was left dazed and confused when I saw 'Inception' yesterday.
How great was that movie.

I went with a good friend, we first ate some enchiladas (which were delicious!) at the Mexican and then we went to see 'Inception'. We had some trouble getting from the station to the restaurant, though, cause some annoying girls were following us and suddenly (I didn't really see it happen, but it must've been horrible) one of the girls pulled on my friend's hair. I mean, wtf is wrong with you when you start pulling on stranger's hair? Thank god they walked away later, cause I've got to admit I wasn't feeling very safe when the group (maybe 4 girls and 2 boys) were following us. Bluuugh.

Anyways, we saw 'Inception', a movie directed by Christopher Nolan (who also directed 'The Dark Knight'), with Leonardo DiCaprio, Ellen Page and Marion Cotillard. It was definitely a hard movie, you had to focus the full 2 hours and twenty minutes. Especially the visual effects were outrageous, it's a movie you have to see in the cinema, you get caught in. I loved it. The end was very fascinating.

I wish to tell you a bit more about the movie. But it's so complicated I informed WikiPedia about it (: This is what the movie's about: Leonardo DiCaprio plays Dom Cobb, a thief who extracts information from the subconscious mind of his victims while they dream. On the run from Cobol Engineering, and unable to visit his children, Cobb is offered a chance to regain his old life in exchange for one last job: performing an inception, the planting of an idea into the mind of his client's competitor. 'Inception' is also a love story, it's about a love between Dom Cobb (DiCaprio) and his wife Mal (Marion Cotillard) who went in a dream in a dream in a dream and lived happily together in a world in their minds and then Mal didn't know what was real life anymore and what wasn't. She says they have to die to wake up (which is in dreams) but at that point they're back to reality, so if they die, they're really dead. I'm not gonna tell more... ;)

As you see, it's very difficult, but the film is definitely worth a shot! Even if you're just going to figure out if you understand it, I'd love to hear if you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment