http://parismorningsnewyorknights.blogspot.com/2015/12/an-ode-to-san-francisco.html Wild Young Minds: His hair is long, his feet are hard and gritty, he spends his love walking the streets of New York City

Sunday, January 30, 2011

His hair is long, his feet are hard and gritty, he spends his love walking the streets of New York City

And I've bought some more records friday. Me and my family always go to this book fair every year, my dad's crazy about books, he has more than 5 large bookcases filled with hundreds of books. Sometimes quite easy for me though, if I want to read Jane Austen, Truman Capote or Lewis Carrol, I just ask and he's got one of their book for me. Last year I find out they have a pretty interesting collection of records. So this year I ran to the records immediately, it was very crowded still, but I found some good ones.

Among which:
Aretha Franklin, with a lovely version of 'Moon River' on it.
An incredible collection of Stevie Wonder, with 'Living for the City', 'Higher Ground', 'Sir Duke', etc. Oh, how I love that man.
Another original record of Stevie Wonder, with 'Happy Birthday' on it, which is funny because his birthday is the same as mine.
And others, like Bob Dylan, Motown, Nat King Cole and James Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment