http://parismorningsnewyorknights.blogspot.com/2015/12/an-ode-to-san-francisco.html Wild Young Minds: Wish I was 20 in the Sixties

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Wish I was 20 in the Sixties

That would be awesome, wouldn't it?
I would really experience all those incredible events, read about them in the newspaper, like the famous Martin Luther King speech 'I have a dream', the period of the upcoming supermodels like Twiggy, art like Andy Warhol's, it would be fantastic. Of course I would've wanted to live in the USA, go to Woodstock, listen to The Stones, Bob Dylan. I would watch the premiere of 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' in the cinema, it would be absolutely fabulous.
Of course awful things would've happened as well, like the Cold War and the dead of JFK. But still, what if you could say you were there around that time, wouldn't it be bloody fantastic to be 20 in the sixties?


No comments:

Post a Comment