http://parismorningsnewyorknights.blogspot.com/2015/12/an-ode-to-san-francisco.html Wild Young Minds: An ode to my grandma

Friday, December 9, 2011

An ode to my grandma

It was five years ago.
The sun had dimmed it's light.
Slightly the stars made place for the moon.
Never I had seen the beginning of the night.
Somehow I could appreciate it more than a simple afternoon.

Once heaven opened it's doors, the sun was completely gone.
The moon was so bright, like I had never seen it before.
Quietly you walked away, and said goodbye to everyone.
The earth stood still for one moment, we could not ignore.

We could not ignore the fact that suddenly you slipped away.
Away from your house, away from our touch, away from today.
But forever you'll be with us, we bear you in mind, we bear you in soul.
The stars had covered the closing of the doors when suddenly I heard this loud howl.

It was a moving moment, a touching thrill made my body shiver.
I knew that you were waiting for me, just on the other side of the river.

I love you, I miss you and the fact that we share the same blood makes me proud.
I have to go now, but I promise to return here before the lights go out.

9-12-2006

No comments:

Post a Comment