http://parismorningsnewyorknights.blogspot.com/2015/12/an-ode-to-san-francisco.html Wild Young Minds: Boogie Wonderland

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Boogie Wonderland

Lately I can't stop listening to 70s music, especially funk and boogie.
I don't know what started it, but especially 'Boogie Wonderland', that's just amazing! You can't keep your feet on the ground when you hear that song ;)

So to stay in the mood I've also seen the classic dance movie 'Saturday Night Fever'. I had never seen this one before (I know, very bad), but I now know why my mom had a crush on John Travolta when she was young! As Tony, he's the king of the disco floor, a typical tough guy with a small heart. Though we all know the story (it's cliché but on the other hand, it wasn't back then), I think everyone can relate to it. Big dreams, small opportunities, having two sides of your character. Besides, the movie futured a beautiful part of New York, that is: Brooklyn! The beginning of the movie is really brilliant. Tony walking around New York at the tunes of 'Stayin' Alive'. Awesome.

And the most important thing; the music. The Bee Gees with 'Stayin' Alive', 'You should be dancin'', 'Night Fever' and the Trammps (rest in peace, Jimmy Ellis) with 'Disco Inferno'. I know, it all sounds so corny but you just have to listen to it and I'm sure you wish you was young in the seventies. To go out and dance on this kind of music. And that includes looking good of course. Maxi trousers (you're going to see them everywher this summer!), leopard prints and glitter dresses. Tony knew he had to look good as well, as he said: ''He hit my hair. I spend alot of time on my hair and he hits it, he hits my hair!'' You should be dancin!

No comments:

Post a Comment