http://parismorningsnewyorknights.blogspot.com/2015/12/an-ode-to-san-francisco.html Wild Young Minds: LOOKING FORWARD

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

LOOKING FORWARD


And so another year has begun. First things first: Happy New Year to you all! I hope it is filled with whatever you want it to be filled with. To me, that’s adventures, lovely nights with lovely people, writing, running and reading. As I already mentioned the other day, I wanted to share a few of my New Year’s Resolutions with you. Though I think that the making of them is always a bit cheesy, but whatever, it’s good to make goals and strive for them. I actually think you should be able to do that any day of the year, but for most people the 1st of January is a perfect date, since they drank too much, ate too much and sat too much. For me, this is never such a great problem, but I understand that the day after the Holidays is the best day to make a fresh start.
Well enough with the talking, here are my resolutions:
1. Sleep more.
Even though I completely agreed with Jack Kerouac’s words which he wrote in ‘On the Road’:  ‘I just won’t sleep. There were so many other interesting things to do’, I think it would be good for me to sleep a bit more. The last months my eyelids kept shaking and they’re still not quiet. How I’m going to achieve this? I have no idea. I think I should go to bed a bit earlier on average days, cause I don’t want to give up the parties and it’s seldom possible to sleep late, due to my work and university.

2. Become more assertive.
Though I’ve made quite some progression the past year when it comes to spontaneous chats with strangers, I want to become even more assertive. I think this fits perfectly with my life motto: freedom.
3. Run the half marathon.
I still need lots of training (have never run more than 15 kms), I think this is a doable goal. Let’s go then!


4. Go to NY.
One of my roomies is probably spending his second summer in the most beautiful city of the world and I’ve planned to visit him this year. I want to do something myself there very badly as well, so I might make a move and look for an internship at a magazine or blog. No wait, I WILL make a move to do so. Any suggestions??
 5.  Live (a tiny bit) more peaceful
I’ve always been a fan of the ‘live fast, die young’ life (don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to die, but I want to do so much, see so much and experience so much, so this mostly refers to the ‘live fast’ life) but I should behave a bit more peaceful sometimes. Don’t stress so much, don’t curse so often and don’t get so easily irritated by others. I think this goal is the hardest one, because most of the things are part of my personality but it’s a respectable goal I think. Last week my bicycle broke, so I became extremely frustrated which made me drop my iPod, which then broke, which led to the fact that I had to buy another one for almost 300 euros. Stupidity after stupidity, which wouldn’t be so if I’d just stayed calm. Yes, I know myself very well and yes, I should start living up to this knowledge. Starting now!
Good luck with your resolutions, live up to them and make the world a better place. For yourself at least ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment