http://parismorningsnewyorknights.blogspot.com/2015/12/an-ode-to-san-francisco.html Wild Young Minds: Antwerp

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Antwerp

Tuesday the day had arrived. The day we were waiting for ever since we came back from London. The train left for Antwerp, the only city nearby our country where Urban Outfitters was located! Since we've left our heart in London, exact on Oxford Street, in the heavenly store Urban Outfitters, we decided to pick our hearts at the Meir in Antwerp, but not before some very good shopping at our favourite store.

Avalon and I left early in the morning, at 7.50. We wanted to buy a ticket at the Information Desk, but the woman behind the desk said we had to pay 3,50 euros in addition. Dutch as I am, I said I wasn't going to do that, so she said we could buy our tickets at the ticket machine, but we had to be careful we didn't buy a super retour, cause that would only count after 9 o'clock and it wasn't even 8 o'clock.

It was all a bit vague but we bought a youth ticket, which was only 25 euros in stead of 40. I wasn't comfortable with that. Of course it's wonderful to pay 15 less as you expected, but I thought there had to be something wrong with it. We got in the train anyway, and then I checked the ticket and saw this youth ticket was also only allowed after 9 o'clock. Dumb, dumb, dumb. I was afraid some conductor would show up to check the tickets but fortunately no one did. And we arrived savely at the station of Antwerp (:
We immediately went to Urban Outfitters, and almost ran to it when we saw it. Of course before we saw it we were a bit lost, but that's not important.

I have to say it was a bit disappointing. The Urban Outfitters in London was far more impressing. But maybe that was because our hopes were too high this time. I did saw some beautiful clothes, but they were very expensive. I'm not gonna pay 250 euros for a coat. I really loved the style of the store though. Records, cd's, books, gadgets, vintage clothes, you can buy almost anything. I bought a T-shirt and a cross necklace. Avalon bought a lot more, as she always does ;) I was also a bit dissapointed for the fact that they didn't have any rings and the bags were too small for the size of a book, so that wasn't perfect as well.

We saw all the other important stores, such as Zara and Mango. Normally I don't go to WE but this time I wanted to see if they had any nice coats and they had! I bought a creme coloured trenchcoat with big buttons. Very Audrey Hepburn-a-like.

At the end of the day we were very tired but satisfied. I don't know for how long we have to wait till the next time we're gonna see Urban Outfitters, but my dad had revealed we might go to London next year again - so I see you again in spring, Urban Outfitters.

No comments:

Post a Comment