http://parismorningsnewyorknights.blogspot.com/2015/12/an-ode-to-san-francisco.html Wild Young Minds: ''I'm not sure what I'll do, but - well, I want to go places and see people...

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

''I'm not sure what I'll do, but - well, I want to go places and see people...

... I want my mind to grow. I want to live where things happen on a big scale''. F. Scott Fitzgerald.

Yes, the deadlines are off the table, the papers are finished, the work is done. And why not celebrate it with the thing I love most (besides wine): travelling!

And so I'm going to Berlin tomorrow to visit some people. Have been there twice already, once with my parents and once last summer, and especially the last time was a-ma-zing. I love the vibe, the history (definitely my number one when it comes to the background of a city) and the entire feeling the city has. I think I've picked the perfect date, since it's almost Christmas and the city must be full of lights, love and happiness now. Though the last two are generally not on top of my list of good things (you'll understand if you know me!) but due to the stress of the last weeks, I'm really looking forward to some positive energy and creative inspiration (as always!)


But of course I could already see myself ending up in a black hole after the holidays, cause, believe me, january in Holland is no one's favourite time of the year. It's cold, depressing and extremely boring. That's why Yeji and I decided to follow our tradition and go some place south to break the winter. Last year it was Barcelona, now we're going to another world continent: Africa! We're actually staying quite north anyway, cause it's Morocco we're going to. Marrakesh to be specific. We've just booked a flight and a hostel for a week in the end of January, and it didn't even cost us a 100 euros. So, before you all start thinking I'm acting all decadent and rich (which I can agree with to some degree of course!), it's actually quite cheap and why not spend your money on such things rather than beer or shoes? Whether you agree or not, I'm flying to Morocco in a month and gonna have a splendid time there. But first things first... Berlin! Talk to you at Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment