http://parismorningsnewyorknights.blogspot.com/2015/12/an-ode-to-san-francisco.html Wild Young Minds: Heath Ledger

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Heath Ledger

Recently, I finished Heath Ledger's biography.
And man, can I adore him more?
It's so magical...
I was thinking about all those actors, singers (think of James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, Elvis) that died so young. It makes them legendarious. And now Heath Ledger is one of them. When I saw 'The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus' last month I found it so weird seeing him in his last movie and now he's dead... In the biography was a part that the directors of that movie said that Heath was saying all the time: 'Dammit, I can't sleep!' and that he was taking sleeping pills..

But anyway, I think Heath was a hero. A real Australian actor who hated fame and paparazzi, and that were probably things that made life too much for him. Although his death cause isn't known. Probably too many sleeping pills, but not sure if it was suicide or not.

Heath was so pure and he had this attitude (a bit like James Dean) like I don't give a fuck, just let me do my thing. And he really gave his soul to the important things in his life, his movies (omg, he was phenomonal in 'The Dark Knight', one of the best performances I've ever seen. also kind of scary that it's been said that the dark nature of the role has taken its toll on him), his loves and his daughter, Mathilda Rose.

May he rest in peace and let's see as many of his movies as we can, cause he is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment