http://parismorningsnewyorknights.blogspot.com/2015/12/an-ode-to-san-francisco.html Wild Young Minds: The Chronicles of Bob Dylan

Monday, August 1, 2011

The Chronicles of Bob Dylan

I've just finished the first part of the autobiography of Bob Dylan.
He has written three books, so this was just a start.
He tells about the beginning of his career when he lives in New York and plays at these small bars. He tells about his contacts with great musicians, his influences, his family and why he didn't go to Woodstock for instance.
Great man, really.

My dad was recently listening to a radio program about Andy Warhol and Bob Dylan, and he heard some interesting facts!

At first, did you know Bob Dylan didn't like Andy Warhol? Though I saw quite some pictures of them together, he found the famous artist too edgy and he didn't really liked gays. He was quite conversative I guess.

Some other thing he heard was that Bob Dylan has written 'Like a Rolling Stone' (one of my favourite songs of all time) for Edie Sedgwick. He was really fond of her. After I listened to the song again (you hear it in a very different way, and suddenly really understands, though I always thought I understood, what it's about) it made a lot of sense too me. Edie Sedgwick was a rich girl with an important family and then walked away because she wanted to live her own life. The rest is history, she met Andy Warhol, became a star but died at the age of 28 due to drugs. I think she really felt 'all alone, with no direction home, a complete unknown, like a rolling stone'.

Anyway you should hear the song again, it's wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment