Sunday, August 19, 2012
ROADTRIP PART III
What are you looking at?
1) The magnificent view from our camping 'Michelangelo' at the top of the hill. Florence really is one of the most beautiful cities I've ever seen.
2) The Santa Maria Del Fiore, which is an amazing church from the outside (mosaic in renaissance style with the colours pink, green and white) but when we got in, it was a huge disappointment. Very boring.
3) The Great Synagogue of Florence, for which we looked an entire evening. Yeah, that happened several times on our trip. We got lost and then we got lost a bit more and finally there seemed no way back but every time we made it. Can't believe we survived this month with such bad senses of direction!
4) Our fabulous tents... Anyone who knows me can smell the sarcasm from far away. The camping was good but very primitive. We had nothing in the tents just two beds. And the worst part was that it was 33 degrees outside which felt like 50 inside. Thank god the people (except the Italians were nice), we even played carts with the drummer of Miss Montreal and his girlfriend one night (:
5) The famous Ponte Vecchio, lovely atmosphere but very crowded.
6) Avalon and I in the Medici (you know, the rich family from Catherina de Medici) chapels doing what we love to do, photographing ourselves in mirrors.
7) The ceiling in the Medici Chapels.
8) Me with a copy of Michelangelo's David.
9) An inspiring painting at a vintage shop in Florence.
10) Avalon in a little place where we walked by everyday and which made us think of the 'Sprookjesbos' (fairy tale forest, casually translated) of the Dutch amusement park 'Efteling'.