Saturday, August 25, 2012
ROADTRIP PART VII
What are you looking at?
1) Beautiful Budapest
2) Bentje en Aafje in beautiful Budapest
3) The Széchenyi Chain Bridge that spans the river Danube between Buda and Pest (we stayed in Pest). Reminds me a bit of the Brooklyn Bridge, can you imagine?
4) One of the lions with on the background the Parliament. Budapest was such a pleasant surprise to us.
5) Cool pub we ran into when we were lost again and looking for vintage stores.
6) Aubergine cream, a typical Hungarian lunch dish, tasted really good.
7) Oops, guess we drank a little bit too much champagne...
8) Having lunch at the 'Nothin' but the blues pub'
9) The overwhelming book café in the Paris Department Store. The interior is completely art nouveau, but the servants were a bit weird...
10) Me in Budapest.
11) Little lifts to the hills of Buda, Buda Castle.
12) Another great sight of the parliament.
13) Really funny until someone knocked on the window and made us run away very quickly. Well maybe that was the funniest part.
14) The streets of Budapest.
15) The City Market Hall with lots of beverages, fruits and souvenirs.
16) Aafje on another bridge.
17) Aafje fascinated by the 'secret box' the street vendor sold.
18) The Saint Stephen's Basilica.
19) The synagogue (largest of Europe), which we didn't see from the inside cause we didn't feel like going on another long tour.
20) Funny story: while we were discussing last night's pub crawl (our hostel organized pub crawls every night, that were amazing, the greatest people, wonderful pubs and clubs, can't imagine them when you're Dutch cause we don't have anything like that and every night a bit too much of the Hungarian drink Pálinka and the usual: cocktails) Avalon was suddenly quite and I was talking and then I saw the Saint Stephen's Basilica from the inside and I was like: WOOOOOOOAAAW. It really was the most beautiful church I had ever seen. Can have something to do with my love for gold and ornament, but it was just fabulous.
21) See 20.
22) Another beautiful building.
23) Frida Kahlo painting at the district where the vintage stores were.