Wild Young Minds: The North Sea Jazz Story Part 1

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The North Sea Jazz Story Part 1

Okay, this is going to be a very very long story. But pay attention. Cause you don't want to miss this. I'm telling you.


Okay, here it comes.

Friday I had a really nice party of Nicole in Eindhoven. I didn't know anyone, but I got to know some really nice people, who had the same interests as me. One girl had lived in Thailand for 6 years and was about to go to Shanghai for 6 months, one guy was about to go to India for 6 months, another to Korea and Amerika and Nicole to South-Africa for a year. God, I wish I could do that! We slept in tents in the garden, went to bed around 3 and woke up at 9. Way to early, but whatever.

This ain't North Sea, I know. Well, here it comes.

Saturday around 3 o'clock Ramai and I first went to Utrecht, to pick up my jacket and keys (yes, I know, a month ago from the fashion show, still hadn't picked up yet.. well, now I have!) and around 5 o'clock we arrived at Ahoy. It's huge and it was so crowded! We first went to see Waylon and lord, he's sexy. I hadn't seen anything of Holland's Got Talent (cause I hate that kind of shows), but here he was standing on stage. He isn't tall (which isn't a good point), but he was very attractive somehow. A bit of a bad boy, and god, I like that. Black hair, a bit brown, grey jeans, a white shirt and a black jacket (he was sweating all over his body, haha) and the thing I liked most was his voice. So raw. And he did some James Brown covers, a plus point!

Then we ate something and walked around for a bit. They had a lot of shops. Not only food, also records, posters, paintings, etc. I loved the atmosphere! I didn't buy anything, cause I wanted to save my money for London and it was very expensive. 20 euros for a record is a whole lot of money when you're used to pay 2 euro for it ;)

Next, we went outside, to see Rox. The British singer from 'My Baby left me'. She was half an hour late, which I found a bit odd, especially cause she isn't that famous. She was so petite! But she performed very well, I knew all her songs, so it was very amusing.

We had to hurry up to see Al Green. Oh by the way, at almost all shows we stood near the stage. We had to squeeze ourselves throught the audience (not everybody liked us doing that) but the result was good. I made a lot of photos! I think I'm going to get specialized in concert photography, I've seen so many artists this year! Al Green was a bit fatter than I expected ;) He was very nice and funny. I didn't like the first songs, they were a bit soft and sweet, like 'How to Mend a Broken Heart'. But 'Love and Happiness' and 'Let's Stay Together' were awesome! He also did some songs of the Temptations, Sam Cooke and Otis Redding. You know how I love old soul!

We planned to go to Giovanca, but she was supposed to perform outside and it was raining men. So she was moved to 1 o'clock to 2 o'clock and we thought that was a little too late. We got a signature from Macy Gray! And I asked her to put it on my bag. She looked a bit weird, but she did it anyway. Yeaaaaah. Later we found ourselves a place to sit and ate a fruit salad (watermelon, apple, strawberrys, pineapple, mjamm). Then we went to the 'Nile' (biggest stage) and we saw Sharon Jones and the Dapkings for a quarter. She had a lot of energy for a fiftysome woman. She rocked the stage!

And then the final concert of saturday arrived. Macy Gray. She did a great show!! The first songs were of her new album 'The Sellout' so we couldn't sing along. But she entertained the audience so freaking awesome, you have no idea. She called us all 'Superstars', wanted to know our names, and gave us some bloody good advice! Later on her biggest hits 'I Try', 'Sexual Revolution' and 'Why didn't you call me' passed the row and I was so enjoying it! Very tired, though. At 1.30 the show was over and we had to start our long journey back home.

This isn't a nice story.

We arrived home at 6.00 in the morning.


Because the trains around Utrecht didn't drive. We had to go by bus, my dad told me. But I, as pigheaded as I am, saw a train to Utrecht, so I thought: 'Hey, this is way faster than bus, let's go by train!' And after half an hour, we found out we were going to Schiphol in stead of Den Bosch. We didn't know anything about the Dutch topography so we found out too late. We arrived at Schiphol at 3.00 and thank god, the train to Utrecht just went. But in Utrecht we stood still for another three quarters. Finally, we arrived in Den Bosch at 5 o'clock. I wasn't even tired. But not happy either, cause I didn't sleep a lot on friday, not on saturday, not on sunday (also North Sea) and not on monday (Charlotte's birthday). And yes, wednesday our trip to London. God, how the hell was I supposed to take that?

No comments:

Post a Comment