http://parismorningsnewyorknights.blogspot.com/2015/12/an-ode-to-san-francisco.html Wild Young Minds: NEW YORK PART II

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

NEW YORK PART II

It's been a few days since I posted about my fabulous trip to New York City and I have to hurry to tell you everything otherwise it's becoming old news!
Though it has to cost a lot before a trip to New York becomes dull, right?

Anyway, let me tell you about our magnificent sunday.

I did some things that I've never done before (that one time I visited New York before). We went to a gospelchurch in Harlem, where black singers and dancers pray to the Lord. My expectations were very high, since I love gospel and I really love the way these people believe. It's so much better than the quiet masses we have in the Netherlands (I used to go to the church a couple of times every year, since I have also done my communion and my grandparents were religious). Anyway, it was definitely beautiful, but it didn't meet my expectations.



Maybe it was because it was very touristic (we were sent to higher seats along with all the other tourists), so you didn't feel a part of the service. The women who sang in the beginning were very powerful, but after a quarter only men sang and it was a bit monotonous.

The service started at 11 o'clock and would last until 1.30 but we left at 12.30 because the guys in our group needed to be on time for a game of the New York Yankees.

Me and a bunch of other girls (and 2 guys) were looking forward to our shopping tour. We walked to Soho where we saw these amazing apartments (can definitely see myself living in one of these in the future!) and though I looked everywhere to see East 73rd Street and Madison (where Carrie Bradshaw lives in SATC) but I couldn't find it...


When we arried at Canal Street and Spring Street we saw all the amazing stores. Topshop, Urban Outfitters, Victoria's Secret, Bloomingdales and many, many more. I saw this amazing skirt at Topshop and I was already planning to buy it, until I found out that it was double the price, since I looked at the English price instead of the American price. Bummer...

I did buy some nice things though, I'll show you later! A maxi dress, a bag, jumpsuit, Victoria's Secret underwear and more. We also bought a falafel bread and some cupcakes. We were in America, so why not eat as much bad food as we could? No problem, we were walking so much.


At the end of the day, we all could pick a restaurant in Little Italy or Chinatown to eat something and we (me and the others from atheneum 5) sat in a lovely Italian restaurant. Afterwards we bought some hoodies for 10 dollars in Chinatown and we made an impressing walk at the Brooklyn Bridge. I had done that already but it's so beautiful to see the skyline by night. When we arrived in Brooklyn I could swear I saw Dan and Jenny's apartment from Gossip Girl ;)



We made lots of pictures and went back to Harlem by night. Glad to see my bed again, even though I was in the city that never sleeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment