http://parismorningsnewyorknights.blogspot.com/2015/12/an-ode-to-san-francisco.html Wild Young Minds: PARIS PART III

Monday, May 9, 2011

PARIS PART III

On Thursday we spent our morning in Petit Palais. This huuuuuge palais is one of the most beautiful buildings I've ever been in. On the other side of the road is Grand Palais, even bigger, but because we wouldn't be allowed to see the grand hall (where all the fashion shows take place, like Chanel's A/W 2010 show) so we decided to go to Petit Palais. Which was a well-chosen choice. We were with a small group and a pliant teacher so we got to do whatever we wanted. We have almost seen everything in the museum of Petit Palais: Le musée des Beaux-Arts. It was all so French and lovely with a lot of gold and decorations but also a lot of Dutch paintings.



In the afternoon we had free time, so we decided to go shopping. Though I didn't want to spend a lot of money (since I was going to NY in two days) I was eager to join my friends because I just love clothes! We went to Lafayette but, as we could've known beforehand, it was way too expensive for us.

So we wanted to walk back to the Champs-Elysees when we saw this amazing vintage store. It was called 'Hippie Market'. On the outside it looked as if it was a bit too cheerful but it appeared to be amazing! My friend, the one who joined me to London, bought lots of clothes, the most beautiful stuff. I was in doubt about a cork bag (a small one) which was magnificent. But I wasn't sure if I really needed one and it was quite expensive for a little bag. Of course I did buy the bag eventually. Seriously, I would've felt horrible if I had to leave it in Paris. The music in the store was perfect: Aretha Franklin, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, Dirty Dancing et cetera et cetera. In the end we interviewed the saleswoman because it was an assignment for French.

We arrived way too late at the restaurant again, this time we arrived three quarters late. I told you, a quarter isn't that much right? Thank god, we could tell this story about the metro line being changed. Which was actually true!


In the evening we did a lightning tour and it was wonderful. We sat in the bus and saw all the grand buildings of Paris by night. Our French teacher told us all about it, which not everybody enjoyed cause the man can't stop talking. We stopped at the Eiffeltower and at 11 o'clock it began to glitter. That's just like a fairy tale! We walked beneath the Eiffeltower and back to the bus again.

No comments:

Post a Comment