http://parismorningsnewyorknights.blogspot.com/2015/12/an-ode-to-san-francisco.html Wild Young Minds: NEW YORK PART IV

Thursday, May 19, 2011

NEW YORK PART IV

I love the fact that everytime I write a post about NY, I get the feeling I'm back in the city again. Just for a couple of minutes but even that's wonderful (:
Anyway, let me tell you about tuesday. This day we got to see Manhattan (and Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island and the Bronx as well) from the sky: we were on top of the Empire State Building. Seriously, you really feel on top of the world there!





After we were back on lower ground we got to Macy's as quickly as possible but we were a bit disappointed while we were there. Not only was it very expensive, it wasn't even that great either. Alright, I saw some prom dresses to die for, but that was it. So we went outside again where we had to wait for our teachers to tell us what was next on the program.


We were divided in 4 groups: every teacher was the leader of a group. We went on a Midtown tour and saw all the highlights of central New York, like: Rockefeller Centre, New York Public Library (where Carrie and Big were supposed to get married!), Grand Central Terminal (where Serena arrived in the beginning of GG season 1), Trump Tower, Radio City Hall and St. Patrick's Cathedral. At the end of this tour (which was lovely, but we were eager to go shopping so we wanted to see everything quickly) we were left free on Fifth Avenue.


The first thing I did was running to Tiffany's, where I made a picture a la Audrey Hepburn. Breakfast at Tiffany's is such an inspiration! ;) I almost wanted to ask if they could show me the least expensive thing, but that was maybe a bit too much like Breakfast at Tiffany's so we went further. This day was very stressed which wasn't very nice. I wanted to buy so much and I didn't have a lot of clothes yet so I was a bit in panic. I did see the Abercrombie & Fitch store where I had my photo taken with a very handsome guy. So funny how the models are just standing in the store, they're dancing a bit but they don't really have to work. Would love to have a job like this... I didn't buy anything in the A&F store, because I found it a bit too basic.



Other stores on Fifth Avenue were all very expensive (like Gucci, Bergdorf Goodman, Prada, Chanel). All very beautiful, but a waste of time for us. So we went back to Times Square where I bought some I (L) NY shirts as gifts and some amazing shorts at American Eagle Outfitters.

In the evening we were going to 'Sister Act' the musical on Broadway. I had never seen the movie with Whoopi Goldberg, the only song I knew was 'Oh happy day!'. And that one wasn't even in the musical. It was a powerful musical though, the singers were great and the story was very inspiring. A street girl who had to turn in to a nun. It was really a great opportunity to see a musical on Broadway!

No comments:

Post a Comment